Broadband Speed Test
Test your Insight Broadband connection speed! By measuring the download and upload rate you are able to accurately determine your current line throughput or Internet connection speed.
You must be an Insight Broadband subscriber to test your speed on this site.
To take the speed test, follow these steps:
- STEP 1:
- Select the location nearest you from the drop-down menu below.
- STEP 2:
- Select 'Basic' (for regular PC users) or 'Advanced' (for expert PC users).
- STEP 3:
- Click on 'Submit Location'.
- STEP 4:
- Click on 'Start Test' below the gray window.
Basic VersionLocation Nearest Me: Basic Advanced
About this test server
This dedicated speed test server is located at the headend in Bowling Green, KY. The speed tester uses Web100 technology and a modified NDT client, originally developed in Oak Ridge National Laboratory. This server also features test download files for both HTTP and FTP.
Better tuning your internet connection
A new computer might not be tweaked for the high-speed of a cable modem connection. Therefore, you may not be getting the maximum speeds for your computer. If you haven't already tweaked your machine for broadband, you might want to try one of the following programs:
- TCP Optimizer for Windows (easy to use)
- Dr. TCP for Windows (older program, but still useful)
- Broadband Tuner for MacOS X (from Apple; very easy to use)
- System Optimizer X for MacOS X (more configurable than the Tuner, and covers other things besides Internet; shareware)
- IPNetTuner for MacOS X (easy to use; has version for OS 9; shareware)
- TCP Tuning parameters for various OSs (for advanced users only!)
Any links to third party applications on this page are for informational purposes only. Insight Broadband does not provide support for third party applications. In no event shall Insight, its partners, agents or affiliates be held responsible or liable for any costs or damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages to access system hardware and/or software) arising out of the use or attempted use of any software and/or hardware not provided directly by Insight Broadband or its provided installation software. By using third party hardware and/or software, the user understands that Insight Broadband does not provide support for third party hardware and/or software, and understands that Insight does not recommend the usage of such software or components with its Service. User also understands that use of all hardware and/or software must comply with the Insight Broadband Acceptable Use Policy.